Next Project ▶

XSLT: Transformation of a Large Source Document

This is a demonstration of transforming a large, messy source document. The source is huge and has a lot of information I'm not interested in. The transform will filter out the elements I want and organize them. I used an external stylesheet to format the results in a neat and simple layout.

The source is user collection data from using the BGG XML API2. I've used the huge collection of a friend with permission. The source has everything needed to include a thumbnail image and link each game back to BGG. I'll use the 'status' element's 'own' and 'wanttoplay' attributes to filter out just the elements I want to display.

Show collection.xml - A cleaned up single element from the 2000+ line source.

Show collection.xsl - The HTML transformation.

Next Project ▶